LPN-Occupational Health/ Lourdes Vestal/ PRN, Day,0 hours - Our Lady of Lourdes Mem, NY (Vestal, NY)
Job ID: 177317
LPN-Occupational Health/ Lourdes Vestal/ PRN, Day,0 hours
Vestal, New York
Additional Job Information
Title: LPN-Occupational Health
City, State: Vestal,NY
Location: Lourdes Vestal
Department: Occupational Health
Additional Job Details: PRN, Day, 0 hours
Lourdes is more than a great place to work. Since 1925, Lourdes has been committed to providing quality care to our community. We are a member of the nation's largest non-profit health organization, Ascension Health. The system includes over 50 hospitals, nursing homes, and psychiatric facilities in 20 states. Its purpose is to provide quality healthcare services to promote health, treat illness, and alleviate suffering.
In Binghamton, NY, the main hospital campus includes a Hospice Program, Ambulatory Surgery Center, and a Regional Cancer Center. Reaching beyond these boundaries, Lourdes has established a network of primary care physicians at convenient sites throughout the region.
We have been fortunate in attracting talented, dedicated, and caring employees at all levels of our organization. Lourdes strives to afford employees the opportunity for creativity, continued education, and incentives to innovate.
In this service, we truly believe that the medical staff is a valued partner and that each employee's contribution plays a valuable and important role in achieving the quality care provided by our organization.
When you join us at Lourdes you'll become part of a team that prizes not only your professional talents, but your personal compassion as well. There is something unique in how we go about what we do. And, we hope that it may inspire you to join our team.
Provides basic care to injured or ill staff under the direction of a registered nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and provides simpler therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care.
- Required Credential(s):
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse credentialed from the New York State Education Department Office of Professions obtained within 2 Weeks (14 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certified Certification credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). OR other national certifications in area of speciality recognized by ANCC that are included in the Magnet DDCT
- Trade School
- Graduate of an accredited practical or vocational Nursing Program required
- No experience required.
How To Apply
Lourdes Human Resources 33 Lewis Road, Binghamton, NY 13905
Lourdes Hospital, Ground Floor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, Our Lady of Lourdes Memorial Hospital (Lourdes) complies with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Lourdes are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Lourdes does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Lourdes is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Associated topics: hemodialysis, licensed practical, licensed vocational nurse, lpn, lvn, mtp, nurse iii, nurse iv, practical nurse lpn, vocational nurse
• Post ID: 34931387 binghamton